Saturday, September 10, 2011

News from Atlanta

Former SOTA Creative Writing Teacher Tom Painting moved to Atlanta a little more than a year ago when he retired after 18 years at SOTA. Here's a note he sent me recently:
Good news at this end. I've landed a teaching position at the Paidiea School here in Atlanta. I'm teaching English and creative writing in the junior high. I subbed at the school last year and concluded that it was the ideal place to work. Two weeks into the school year and I couldn't be happier....The school it a little over a mile from our house. A walk, which is unusual in Atlanta. People here drive crazy distances.
I'll be presenting a haiku workshop in Hot Springs, Ark., in November.
My own kids are off to a good start to the school year and Laura continues to adjust to her position at Emory Health.
As well as things are going here, I miss you all very much. SOTA is a very special place. ...
Best,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment