Wednesday, September 7, 2011

If All of SOTA Read the Same Book ....

...we'd all be on the same page. OK, sorry. Couldn't resist that awful pun.
Anyway, in case you haven't heard, this year's selection for the book all of Rochester will read is "The Madonnas of Leningrad," by Debra Dean. It's the story of an elderly woman with Alzheimer's floating in and out of her present and her youth as a docent at the Hermitage Museum during a time of great deprivation. I'll be seeking Title I funding to bring the author to SOTA and arrange some other programs in conjunction with the event. Stay tuned and puh-leeeze speak up if you have suggestions, ideas, connections, anything! The city-wide event is in March 2012.

1 comment:

  1. I am very excited for this. The book sounds wonderful and I would love to help with any event surrounding this book, if there is anything that I could do.

    ReplyDelete